Monday, March 10, 2008

My poor baby girl...

Deidra was riding her bike yesterday and went to avoid some people that were on the sidewalk and she totally smashed her right hand against a mailbox. Her fingers are all bruised and swollen and I think she's going to lose a fingernail as it's bruised so bad. The end of that finger (with the bruised fingernail) is all red and swollen and looks really bad. I'm going to bring her into the doctor today to have it looked at as she's still crying that it hurts pretty bad and with how red it is at the end, I think the pressure is building under that nail. I had to let her teacher know that she couldn't write very well with that being the hand she writes with. I feel awful for her.

UPDATE: I wound up bringing her to the doctor after school. He thought she may have broken the tip of her middle finger so he sent her for an x-ray. X-ray looked fine, so that was good. He said she did smash it pretty good and he wanted to poke a hole in her nail to relieve some of the pressure. Since she tends to get squeemish when she sees blood, I tried to distract her with her monkey while he did it. She was really brave and did really well. I was so proud of her. He told me though that with as good as she smashed it that he wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't lose her fingernail, but not to worry as she'd have a new one there when and if it happened. I feel bad for her though...you can tell it really hurts and it looks horrible.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home