Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Deidra's 1st Day of Kindergarten was a Success!





I was supposed to be to the school at 2:30 pm. I left the house about 2:20 pm and figured I'd be plenty early for 2:40 pm dismissal. I had thought about walking up there, but decided against it as I figured she'd be looking for Mommy's car. I have never seen so many cars waiting to pick up their children. There was a solid line of cars among the road that the school is on and you have to be coming from a certain direction for them to allow you to turn into the school. People were on side streets trying to get onto the main street that the school is on and traffic was at a standstill. I sat in one spot for over 20 minutes. Everybody was getting out of their cars to see what the hold up was. It was definitely a mad house. Finally at 3pm, they let me drive up to the curb to enter the school driveway. They had all the kids outside and were calling their names out as the parents drove up. Deidra saw me before I saw her and she was a bundle of smiles. I saw her waving at me and the tears starting to flow again. They opened up the back seat for her and she climbed in and I quickly got her buckled in so that the other parents could get in to get their kids. She immediately started opening up her back pack to show me what she did. Her teacher sends home a daily information sheet that shows if she got in trouble for anything and any successes that she had and there's a place for the teacher's note for each day of the week. Today's note (made the tears flow again) was "She's SO precious." Deidra showed me some things that she made at kindergarten today and one of them was a picture of her being happy at kindergarten on her first day. She also made a picture of the sign language sign of "I love you" and she got her first homework assignment (Mommy has one too). She ate all of her lunch as was excited that she got to play on the playground. The rest of the stuff that she did she says is a secret for later. We had to smuggle for a bit and she was happy to see her blankie (I had it waiting for her in the car). She told me she missed me and I had to give her a big old hug and tell her how much I missed her too. She was on my mind all day today. I think now that we survived the first day the rest of the week will go alot better. Just wanted to let you all know how her first day went! I even attached the pics of what she did at school today. :-) I'm very proud of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home