Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Watching Bonnie's video...

Seeing her on that video, is hard to put into words. I've already formed an emotional attachment to her and tears just streamed down my face when I watched her. I don't understand how people can be blessed with children and then not hold them, talk to them, cuddle them, and want the best for them. Even Deidra commented about it on the way to school this morning and how everyone should have good parents and she asked why some parents were allowed to be like that. I know no parent is perfect and we all make our mistakes, but I just don't understand how you can just leave your 3-year-old to fend for herself pretty much. God blessed you with this beautiful baby girl and she's that much of a burden that you leave her to fend for herself? I just don't understand people.

Anyway, it was nice to see her on video and I laughed and cried during it. She seems like such a sweetheart and I really hope and pray that we can adopt her. I know they're collecting home study reports for her now and we are trying to get all of our paperwork in as quickly as possible since they're expediting our home study (they're ready whenever we are) so that we do have a chance at adopting her.

I think I'm going to put in a call too to see if I can find out when they plan on selecting the candidates from the pool of home studies to find her forever family, so that I can have some peace of mind on when we definitely need to be done by. I'm trying to do all of our stuff left to do over the next 2 weeks.

Abba, I pray for your graces that we will always be the best parents that we can be. I pray that we will always keep a strong focus on our parental responsibilities and never get slack about them. I pray that we will always be a strong example to Deidra and any other children in our home and that we will always show love and respect in all that we do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck getting Bonnie, Jess. My prayers are with you guys as you go through the long process of all the red tape!

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home