Monday, March 19, 2007

The anniversary of my Grandmother's death...

is March 20th...it's been 5 years. Doesn't seem possible and I miss her oh so very much. She was such a beautiful, loving, and giving person and she taught me so much. I still cry when I think about her...I remember when she called me and told me that she had been in the hospital and they were bringing hospice in. I pleaded and sobbed to God to not take my Grandma from me...I didn't know how I could bear being without her. I wasn't ready to lose someone that I was so close to again. I went through so many emotions during that time and I never expected that a week from that phone call that she'd be gone. I hear things on the radio or smell the perfume that she used to wear or wonder what she'd tell me as far as advice goes on certain things and I think about her everytime we wander in the thrift stores or we do well with something on ebay and I laugh and cry and think about her. I miss her so much, but I know that she's happy in Heaven now with her loved ones that have gone before her and especially at getting to be with you, Abba. How glorious that must truly be! While I'm sad that she's no longer hear with me physically, I am glad that she is with You, my Mom, and with her baby, Dale Ann, her own mother, and all the other family that have gone now too and that somehow comforts me. I even imagine her sometimes with our little embies up there on her lap in a rocking chair rocking away and singing to them and that thought makes me smile. Bless her, Abba, and give her my love and tell her that I love her and can't wait until I can see her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home