Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I hope this appt can give us some answers...

Last Thursday, was really a rotten day. I was up at our agency for Josiah's last med check with the psychiatrist up there and Little E had just had a horrible day and it just continued to go on and on. I was hoping to talk to our caseworker about Little E but she was out. I wound up talking to our old foster care director about some things to get some ideas on what to do behavior wise with her. She ignores any type of redirection we try to give her, discipline doesn't really get through to her or she laughs her way through it and the minute she's done she's right back to misbehaving. She's started tearing her blinds in her room, she tore a huge chunk of drywall off the wall at the doctor's office last week. I told him that I just was out of ideas...reward charts don't seem to work, time outs don't seem to work, loss of privilege doesn't work...if anything that just creates a battle as she's determined that she's going to get whatever you took from her anyway, low attention span, she runs around waving her arms everywhere and laughing and at times she'd appear as if she was almost drunk and during these times you cannot get through to her to make her understand anything. When the case aide expressed some concerns last week, I figured it was time to ask for some help with her behaviors as I've tried everything I can think of. She either doesn't care that some of her behaviors need to be corrected, or there's some thing prohibiting her from understanding. Her play therapist thinks she's got some ADD as her attention span is incredibly short and she changes from one thing to another awfully fast. Her defiance has been awful lately and she's started spitting in our faces when we tell her no or that she can't do certain things. Yet, she just laughs about it. He gave me some suggestions and it's stuff that I have already tried, sticker charts, loss of privileges, time out, time ins. He asked me when she was due for another developmental and I told him it was probably August as that would put her at a year in care. He told me to go ahead and get an appt with the behavioral doctor at our agency so we could bounce some things off of him. So we go this afternoon. I hope he can give us some insight so we can get her back on track. Her Mom missed one visit in March when they changed the visit weeks around and that's when I noticed that her behaviors started getting out of hand. I put her in play therapy, but her behaviors are still all out of whack. I am just wondering if the visits are confusing her or if there's something else going on now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home