Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm going to see if I can get Josiah and Little E in Headstart this year...

I got letters in the mail that they both qualify for free pre-school programs since they are/were in foster care. I'm not sure that they'll take Josiah since he just turned 3 in Apfil, but I'm going to try. Little E, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get in. I talked to the occupational therapist today to see how she thought they'd do. She said that either Josiah is going to learn not to seek all the extra input that he seeks (sensory issues) during school and fall apart once he gets home or I'm going to be getting calls left and right to come and deal with his behaviors in school. She said that she thinks that Josiah may need some sort of resource room if his behaviors are anything like they are at home because he'll need somewhere to go to regroup or whatever. I told her that part of me is wondering if I'm not going to wind up having to homeschool him. I've been toying with the idea of homeschooling way before this anyway with Deidra, but Andy is not onboard with that. Josiah is definitely a smart little boy, however the OT and I both know that his behaviors inhibit him a lot. We talked about Little E and she said that the way she's been so defiant and doing things so intentionally lately may cause a problem in school and she is definitely way behind where she should be. Therapy continues... We'll keep working on trying to catch her up. She is making good progress though...just not as fast as what I'd like to see her go. Especially if there's a chance they could be going home soon. I am praying that they will stay for awhile longer yet though.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home