Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Josiah's testing...

We went for Josiah's cognitive testing today. We find out the diagnosis in May for sure, but the psychologist said that she thinks it could be a couple different things.
I asked her if she could tell me what they were and she said she's really looking at Reactive Attachment Disorder, ADHD or bi-polar, and he seems to have a high IQ which means discipline is tricky. She can't tell us for sure until she has a chance to go over all the paperwork that we turned in and she looks at the results of all the testing that they did on him today. She said he definitely puzzles her as she isn't sure how much is pure defiance and how much is pure impulsiveness. She thinks we are great parents and when I asked her if she wanted us back next week to finish behavior therapy, she told me she really didn't think that we needed it. She said that we're doing most of what they teach anyway. She said that once we met with her again to go over the results of what they found, she'd let me be the one to say whether I felt I just needed their support or not, but she felt that we are doing a wonderful job.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home