Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Why can people hurt you....

without even realizing that they're doing it? I've heard some of the most stupid and hurtful things since we told people that we were going to be adopting. "Are you sure you really want to do this? Are you sure you know what you're getting yourself into? If you adopt 2 babies, you know you're just going to wind up pregnant with twins. Why can't you just be content with what you have? Do you realize how much adoption can cost?" Abba, I don't believe that you would have made me the person that I am and my desire to have children so strong, if You didn't intend for us to have more. Granted, I should have known that when people don't understand a certain situation they can say some really stupid and hurtful things without really truly knowing that they're doing it. I went through all that when we went through our infertility treatments as well. But, you know what? Getting Deidra out of that was so perfect and I couldn't possibly love her more. You truly blessed us when you gave her to us with everything that she is. She's such a sweet and beautiful child and has the sweetest personality. So, it was definitely worth it to go through all the pain and emotions of the infertility rollercoaster.

When I've heard her asking for a baby brother and sister for so long, it honestly hurt me. I couldn't understand why we couldn't have more. But, I still trusted that a door would open at some point. My infertility journey has taught me to truly understand the blessings that children are and that is the good that has come out of it. I don't know yet what this adoption journey is going to teach us as we're not at the end of the road yet, we've just took a couple steps out on the road and are looking down it yet. And one more thing...the comment about how much adoption can cost...yes, we realize it can be expensive, but it's not anymore expensive than having to pay out of pocket for all your OB care, labor and delivery, drugs, nurse care, and hospital room and stay. And some people spend that amount of money on a car...this is a child that we're going to help give a better life too as well as helping us to make our family more complete. I definitely think it's worth it and we're committed to doing this and little did I know when I knew you would eventually open a door for us to have more children, that You would use our little D to open that door. The day she handed me that adoption catalog telling me that this is how Baby Jesus was going to give her a baby brother and sister was the day that door opened. She didn't even understand what she said...she didn't know that adoption existed or what it was...she didn't even understand what that catalog really was all about. You used her to open our eyes and boy, did she. I guess I have to take people's comments and let them roll off my back, but it's hard sometimes. I want everyone to be as excited about this as we are. We truly want to do this and are totally committed to working to make this happen. We know that You have your Hand in this and will guide us through. And we thank You, Abba, for helping us through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home