Friday, December 15, 2006

All set for orientation and training...

Abba, sometimes I really think that when we were praying about what we were supposed to do in our lives that You just picked us up and fit us into this puzzle right where we belong. It's almost like you picked us up like little children by the arms and dropped us down where we belong. Things are being revealed to me little by little. It's just funny sometimes when I think about even where we live. We already knew what church we'd be going to even before we moved down...when Mom found out about this house being for rent, she had no idea of where it was or what it even looked like...yet where is it located? It's 3 houses down from the church...we just walk across the parking lot and we're there. My work is literally just 10 minutes away. Then, I think about our adoption journey and ever since I really found out about other countries orphanages, I always wished that I could just jump in and help. I never thought that we had orphanages here in America. I had heard about the Texas Baptist Children's Home before, yet I never knew what it was. I just thought it was a physical therapy place or something for children and I never really knew where they were located even. I just knew that the employees used to come into Home Depot now and again for supplies. Then, I start looking into this foster parent thing and what do I stumble across...Texas Baptist Children's Home. I realize it's on Farley St. They're a part of Farley St. Baptist Church...we just went to their Christmas program a week or so ago with Mom. I sent off for an information packet and asked what we had to do to get signed up for training. Amy called me this morning and talked with me about it all and got us signed up for orientation on January 9 and training starts on January 13 and goes until the 27th. I asked her where they were located and it's literally just up the road from Deidra's school. It's right here in Waxahachie. If we need any services for the kids, for our family, for anything...they have a fully functional facility right here. I never knew that Farley St. was so close. I once again had the thought "God, you picked us up and planted us right here and what we have been praying for for so long is right at our fingertips (literally)." God has been hearing our prayers.... We told Him the other day that we really wanted another baby...Deidra has been praying consistently now for twins...a brother and a sister....I told God that we were open to whatever He had in store for us. I never thought that just a few days later, we'd be signing up to be foster parents. It'll be exciting to see where this takes us. :-) We're all set to go....I know that it's going to be a lot of hard work and that some of it isn't going to be easy, but I really want a chance to help some children in this world and make a difference. Deidra has such a big heart too and she has really amazed me at some of the concepts that she's been grasping lately. She truly is a gift. She's going to make one awesome big sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home