Monday, April 30, 2007

Teaching Deidra about God...

She really has such a big heart for God...she goes to church every Sunday, she goes to Sunday school...and she asks questions about Jesus all the time. She even will repeat stuff from Father's homilies to us later on....she amazes me sometimes with the things that she remembers. She was playing in the sprinkler yesterday and said to my Mom as she was mixing dirt and water and making mud "Look it Grandma, I'm making wine just like Jesus did at the wedding at Cana." She is such a sponge and some of the things that she says is just so adorable "Mom, why doesn't God need to sleep?" We say prayers with her at night and she prays to Baby Jesus and Mama Mary and sometimes she just really seems to have the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Back before she started kindergarten, I was really debating about whether to send her to Catholic school, or have her go to the Montessori school or homeschool her with the ABEKA curriculum. However, we were too worried about having her miss out on being in public school and doing all the social stuff involved with school. But, I did want her to learn about God and the bible and so forth. So, she started going to catechism at church. She loves it. I found a curriculum to teach her more that I am strongly considering doing with her this summer and she has already told me that she wants to go to Vacation Bible School as well. She went to that for a day or two last year when she started daycare down here and loved it! But, I really am thinking about getting the kindergarten curriculum to teach her more about the Bible.

http://www.discipleland.com/kindergarten.phtml

I think it would be something we'd have a lot of fun doing together over the summer. I love seeing her blossoming into such a sweet little girl with such a big heart for God and others. She really is such a blessing and I am so lucky to have her. Thank you, Abba, for my sweet little girl.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home