Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I am the clay...

The thoughts of action from my post below....

Write down in your journal the pain you're feeling today that caused you to place your vessel on the shelf and secure the lid.

I think one of the biggest things that I'm trying to accomplish...something that keeps coming back to me over and over again in my own thoughts and with the people that I love is that I really need to start taking better care of myself. I need to lose weight, get my blood sugars under control for good, I want to be around for my kids and my Mom even said to me last weekend, "Jess, you need to quit eating so many sweets...we need you around for a long time. So many times I hear your Dad's voice talking about how your Mom didn't take care of herself and that's why she died so early. We want you here with us. You need to start taking care of yourself better again." I have lost about 6 lbs since having the boys here and constantly chasing them out of things, I forget to eat....it hit me today...you want fast meals...get back on your Medifast. I listened to that voice and today is my first day back on plan.

Picture yourself pushing off the lid and allowing the Lord to continue healing and reshaping your beautiful vessel.

I pushed that lid off this morning and am restarting again. I will allow the Lord to reshape me not only on the outside in slimming down, but to work on the inside too...getting those blood sugars under control...bringing my blood pressure and cholesterol down. I want a good physical when I go back in a few months. I need to do this now not only for me, but for the people that love me so that I can ensure that I won't die early from things that I could have totally prevented if I just took the time to take care of myself.

Abba, help me on this journey...pick me up when I'm feeling down or overwhelmed. I eat a lot of the time for comfort...help me find other ways to find my comfort...help me only want good and healthy things and to be able to give up my bad sweet tooth.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home