Monday, July 09, 2007

Your True Motivation

Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

This bible study talks about what your true motivation is for doing the things that you do. She then goes on to talk about how a lot of people do what they do while at the same time asking the question "What's in it for me?" Like when you find out that you got a raise or a promotion and you immediately want to know how much more money am I going to get rather than just simply being grateful for the raise or promotion. Even Peter asked Jesus "What then will there be for us?" Jesus goes on to answer Peter's very basic question with three important principles for our daily living.

1. Whatever we give up we will receive a hundred times as much.

2. We will inherit eternal life.

3. Many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

The third principle confuses me a little bit, but I guess it means that in God's eyes it doesn't matter when you do what your called to do as long as you do it the reward will be the same. It's just a matter of doing what He is calling you to do that matters. :-) To me this represents God's graces and His giving spirit.

I think we always need to be aware of what our blessings are and it doesn't hurt to pray for blessings either.

I challenge my readers like the old church hymn says "Count your blessings, name then one by one...Name a few and post them in your blog. Write your motivations down for why you do the things that you do as well if you are so called. Mine will all be in my next post...

Father God, search my heart and test my motivation for what I do. Don't let any selfishness enter into my life. You know my intent. May my actions be done with a clear heart. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home