Monday, July 02, 2007

Busy Bees...

Well, I can't ever say that I'm bored...things are busy around here. While I will admit that there are times that I do get stressed or overwhelmed with everything going on and trying to remember this or that...Andy helped me figure out a better system to keep track of schedules, paperwork, and all that stuff. Thank you honey! But most of the time, yes we're busy...but it's a good busy. I can't believe how much these 2 boys have already taken up space in my heart and how much I worry for them. E just left about an hour ago for his visit with his Mom...and I so hope that she shows up today for his sake. I remember how I felt for him last week when she didn't show up. I was worrying for him already this morning when we were getting him ready to go. He woke up this morning before the rest of the kids did and I got to spend some one on one with him giving him hugs and kisses and letting him sit on my lap. He doesn't like to sit all that much, but it was nice to have that time with him. He's eating a bit better for us too so that is good...he could use some more weight. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent of where I didn't intend this e-mail to go. Let's try to get back on track...

Anyway, last week was stressful with Andy gone. I'm looking forward to this week with my Rew back. We don't have that many appts to deal with this week either and I'm hoping it stays that way. Last week, we had something going on almost every day. I worry when we have people coming in and out of the house and I stress myself out trying to make sure that the house looks presentable. I try my hardest to clean up when the boys are napping and E is great with helping to pick up toys. J is learning by watching E and D will help too but it takes a few times of asking her before she'll really get in there and help and most of the time she whines about it also while she's doing it. I cannot wait until we get into our new house and we will have so much more space. This is the biggest problem here is that things aren't dirty...but it's definitely cluttered and I try my hardest to make sure that it gets decluttered daily...but it goes right back to that state. Easy enough with 3 kids running around.

We got a new caseworker today. We met her before and she came out with our other caseworker to do the home visit and she seems really nice. We've been blessed with 2 great caseworkers. It's nice to try and learn my way along the paperwork side of things along with someone else who is also learning. :-) Anyway, she's coming out to do a home visit tomorrow. I was hoping that the rest of the week would sort of be free time...but the visit shouldn't last too long.

Deidra is having a hard time too with not being the center of attention. She just hears the word "caseworker" and has started to act up...which stresses me out too. I think she needs to get back around the big kids to help pull her out of this regression. She takes her big sister role very seriously and loves to help and play with the babies, but she also likes to use sippy cups and baby spoons and stuff again too. So, we are going to put her back into her old summer daycare at the Montessouri school for 1-2 days a week again until school starts. They have big kid activities (swimming at the Y, movie day at the theater, VBS, pizza at CiCi's, and they go on a couple field trips) and I think she needs that too. It's hard for me to get out of the house a whole lot with 2 babies (we need a double stroller badly) unless we're going to the store and I can strap them both in the cart. Otherwise we don't leave the house until I have Andy or my Mom to go with us somewhere and I have an extra set of hands. I don't want her to get bored or not be able to enjoy her summer vacation. There are a few things that we are talking about doing as a family that will be fun, but she needs to be able to enjoy doing big kid things too. We did just join a Mom's club for our county that is brand new, but we haven't been able to go to anything just yet. They're having a park day, but I can't bring the babies to that by myself with them running in opposite directions in a wide open space. They have a restaurant day in another week with an inside play place and I think I will bring them to that as that's a confined space. That's my biggest challenge right now is to try and figure out how to bring them all to these things...I know it's just going to take time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home