Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy birthday, Grandma!

My Grandma lost her battle with cancer 5 years ago. Her birthday is today. I'm trying to figure out how old she would have been and I want to say she would have turned 80 today.

I went thrift store shopping with my Mom on Saturday after her episode as I didn't want to leave her side in case anything else happened. We found a few things and she was buying them for me. We left and as we walked out the door something caught her eye and we had to go back in and see. We wound up buying it for my new house and we were looking at some plaques. She held up one that said "The family that prays together, stays together" and there were a pair of hands folded in prayer at the top. I said that Grandma had a very similar plaque in her family room and I've always looked at it. She asked me if I wanted it and I said that it wasn't as nice as the one Grandma had and that I could always make something similar if I wanted the quote hanging in our house. Anyway, as we were leaving she said "you should consider that as Grandma saying hello." It wasn't until today that I realized when I saw the date (I kept thinking that her birthday was tomorrow cuz I thought today was the 1st) that her birthday is actually today.

Thank you for your hello, Grandma, and I will always remember that quote. You took great care of your family and your strength and faith in God will always be a strong example to the rest of us. I love you and hope that you are having one awesome birthday up there in Heaven. Abba, please give her a hug and kiss from me and tell her happy birthday for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home