Friday, July 06, 2007

Our 4th of July

Fireworks were on the 3rd. We were going to go to the site of the new house and watch them, but with all the rain we have been having (it's literally rained for most of the day everyday for the past 2 weeks)...we decided to go to the school's parking lot. Baby E was the most impressed and learned to say "wow" after each one went off. It was too cute. Baby J liked them pretty well too, but E was definitely the most captivated by them. I got a little chocked up and teary eyed watching them. I don't think either of them have seen too much of the outside world and everything is such a new experience for them.

We got up ont he 4th and took the kids down to watch the parade downtown. E and J were both captivated by everything. E would practically stand up out of his seat (good thing he was buckled in nice and tight into his stroller) when he saw any animals coming. J had fun waving to everyone. They both thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Deidra of course loved getting the necklaces, coupons, and candy that they were all handing out. We wound up using some of the coupons for lunch at Chick-fil-A. After lunch, my Mom and I took the kids to the park for a 7 mile walk and then we let them swing. Even my Mom made the comment that she didn't think that they had gotten out much with the way they take everything in. They giggled and giggled on the baby swings and they were as content as could be on our walk. A butterfly came and sat on my finger during half of the walk and the boys liked watching it's wings open and close. We had a really good day and I was glad to have that time with E. I was glad to have that time with all my kids...but I cherished that time with E seeing as how he was leaving on the 5th. When we got home, Deidra wanted watermelon adn so we gave some to the boys too. They both sucked it down. I got some cute pics of them eating it too. Scrapbook pics here I come...

Anyway, 9 years ago on the 4th of July, Andy asked me to marry him. He always asks me each year...but this year I beat him to it. lol

It was a good 4th filled with family and I'm glad that we got to spend that time together.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

I didn't realize Andy had proposed to you on July 4th!

That was the day Bryan proposed too...only 8 years ago instead!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home