Thursday, August 09, 2007

God's Gift

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

This study is aboutchildren being a gift ofthe Lord and how some people aren't even waiting to unwrap the gift or allowing the fruit of the womb to be God's reward. One of God's blessings of trust is that he trusts us women and counts on us to care for one of His dear children. Children are not trash to just throw away. It goes on to talk about graciously accepting the gift of pregnancy and either raising the child or giving it up for adoption so that the child can be given the gift of life and still being able to contribute to our society and being adopted into a family who wanted a child.

It also leads into how that's exactly what God has for us. He wants to adopt us into His family. We are not God's throwaways...we are His reward. God sent Jesus as a sacrificed gift to us. He laid down his life for us and He went to the cross so that we will never have to suffer the punishment. What other God is so awesome than to die for us so that we will not have to suffer eternally? We are His reward. He said, "I have come to give you life" (John 10:10). What an awesome God we have!

Thank You, Jesus, for Your love to me that while I was yet a sinner, You died for me. Thank You for the little children. Please protect them in their mother's womb, and may these children be an opened gift to parents. May we, as a country, rise up and defend our children in and out of the womb. I also want to thank You for the gift of my beautiful Deidra and allowing me to have the experience of pregnancy. I also pray for the foster children that you give to us to care for and I pray that we will be able to adopt some of them along the way. We thank You for Your blessings. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home