Thursday, December 06, 2007

Safe travels...

Abba, I'd like to lift up my Mom in prayer today and the rest of this weekend. She hates to fly. She has dreams of airline crashes and right after they happen, she'll find out that an aircraft went down somewhere. She had one last week and the very next day heard that one had crashed (I want to say it was a Turkish airline, but I can't really remember). Anyway, it takes a lot to get her on a plane. Last time she flew was for Deidra's baptism and she had a script from the doctor and had a couple of drinks before she got on the plane and she was still shaking to death when she boarded. This time, we're choosing to cover her in prayer. Andy took her to the airport this morning and her flight boards at 6:45 am. I pray for a safe flight for her as they head into MI with all the snow. I pray that she has a good visit with her family up there and enjoys being back among the place where she grew up. I pray that the funeral service for Grandma goes well and that it's not too unbearably cold. They're having a graveside service, so there's no funeral home service or anything. I am happy that she is talking with her sister again too. It's been at least 12 years since that all happened and she still doesn't know exactly what her and my Dad did...although I told Mom to chalk it up to something post-partum as her sister had just had a baby then. It's hard to tell, but all she can do is go forward and at least they're talking now. So, I hope she has a good visit with everyone. Part of me wishes I could have went with her, but at least I can be here to keep an eye on the boys for her too.

May you rest in peace, Grandma Meneghin. I know things ended badly when you were here for your visit, but I'm choosing to remember happier times and I'll always think of you as my Grandma. I know you must know things now that you didn't know when you were here about things...and I hope that you understand better why things are the way they are between Mom and Dad. And I hope that you can understand now too, that just because the divorce happened...I'll still always be Mom's daughter...it's what's in your heart that counts...not what is in your blood. And in my heart...you'll always be my Grandma. I'll see you again one day and I hope to be welcomed by you too when my family greets me at the eternal gates of Heaven.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home