Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My week so far...

I get up yesterday and I wasn't feeling so hot. Baby D had been coughing all night long and Baby J woke up oozing green stuff from his eyes and nose. Baby D also felt a little warm so I took his temperature. 99.9. Great! He's also got a bad diaper rash that isn't going away with the medicine that I had for him and I wanted that looked at again. I took the girls to school and get back home to feed the boys. I go to call the doctor's office. They're no longer taking medicaid. They give me another phone number to another doctor...she's got a family emergency all her own and can't see them until Friday. Call a couple other numbers...they don't take medicaid or aren't taking new patients. Everyone refers me to the ER...I'm not attempting to take 2 sick babies by myself. So Andy comes home early. We get there shortly before 10 and wait and wait and wait. Around 12 we're told that they don't have a doctor to run the minor care clinic, but he'll be in around 1. So, we wait some more. We're told we're first in line when he gets there. Around 1:30, I go ask what's going on as we had to get the girls from school at 2:30 and then Little J and Baby D had their visit at 3:30...the doctor still wasn't there.

At 2, he wasn't there yet either and so we left. I took Andy and the boys home to get something to eat and I ran and got the girls from school. We got home and I go to grab the boys and Andy so we can bring them to the CPS office. The licensing worker had called to schedule our inspection. I'm nervous about that as it's very thorough and I've already realized that there was some stuff we were supposed to keep that I never did and so my caseworker is gathering all of that for me. It's a 1-2 hour inspection and I'm very nervous about it all. I just hope we have everything we need as I've never been trhough one before and I don't want to get cited for something we didn't know we had to do. Say a prayer for us that all goes well. Anyway, we go to walk out the door and Baby D poos, so we have to go change him. We leave and get the kids to the visit on time. Andy and I took Deidra and Baby J to Panda Express and then to Marble Slab for ice cream and then go back to the visit to get the kids.

The transporter tells me that the CPS worker had to leave, but she'll be calling me as she needs to schedule a sibling visit and Baby D has a bad diaper rash. I wasn't too concerned as she didn't know about the whole ER drama. I explain everything and tell her that I'll take him back to the ER after Little J's Christmas program and she said that would be fine. She just wanted me to have everything documented to cover myself.

We get home and I get Little J ready for her Christmas program. It was cute, but crowded and she was really excited that we took her. I spent most of the program worrying though...I didn't want us getting into any trouble.

After the program, we came home and I took Baby D back up to the ER around 8pm. We waited and waited and waited. Shortly after midnight they called us back...he wanted to get a chest x-ray just to rule out pneumonia and he looked at the diaper area and said that if we used some antibiotic ointment with each diaper change he thought it would go away. He was diagnosed with another ear infection and bronchitis. Gave us some samples of antibiotic ointment and the perscription for the amoxicillin. We left shortly before 2 am. Ran up to the pharmacy got his meds and then came home. Got him some medicine and put him down for bed. Had to get up at 6:30 am to get the girls up for school. I'm tired and stressed, but thankfully after talking to our agency and the CPS worker, they're really not concerned about anything...so I feel a lot better about everything. I so hate it when incidents like this come up. Anyway, I'm feeling better but will definitely err on the side of caution from now on until the parents get them back. I'll be documenting any little scrape or bruise or anything that they get just to protect my own little hide....not that we did anything wrong in the first place.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home