Friday, November 30, 2007

Full House on Christmas

Big M came down to play with the girls yesterday. Deidra ran down and got him and they played outside for awhile. Baby D was napping at the time. I got some pics of Big M with Little J and he was shocked that I wanted pics of him. He's really a cute little guy and he's so sweet. I came back inside and the kids were riding bikes/scooters outside. Little J got hurt and Big M took good care of her. He cares so much about his siblings, but it really bothers me that he doesn't know how to just be a kid and is always trying to tend to them. Not in a mad sort of way...just that it hurts that he's had to be the daddy figure to his siblings. He really is great with them though. Anyway, I got Little J all fixed up and they started playing in the house. Baby D and Baby J woke up and Big M went up and got them for me. He played with the babies off and on and then he looked at me and asked what we were doing for Christmas. I told him that we were just probably going to have it here and we were going to have my family over. He asked me if he could come down on Christmas Day and spend the night with us and I told him that we'd be glad to have him. He wants me to talk to his fostermom and I told him that I'd write her a letter for him to give to her and I'd also talk to the CPS worker about it also. I'm sure it will be fine. He told me how much he really likes it at our house and he likes us a lot. The only thing I struggle with right now about letting him move in here is that I don't want him to see his place here as having to take care of his little brother and sister...I want him just to be a kid. However, he tells me all the time when Baby D needs his diaper changed and all that and I just don't know that I really want an 11-year-old telling me what to do or anything. Little J gets really upset at me when I have to scold Baby D for something and she will try to baby him. She gets mad when I tell her that he's fine, he's just upset because he got corrected on something and she can't baby him right now. So, I just don't know how Big M would do on that either. I guess I keep praying about it and we see how Christmas goes if he spends the night. I am looking forward to having him here though and I'll put a few presents under the tree for him too from us (as Little J and Baby D are going to get him their own gifts picked out by them).

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home