Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Well, it looks like...

we may be adding Big M to our family after the first of the year. He just turned 11 and is the older sib to Little J and Baby D. They don't want us to feel pressured, but he has continually asked to move in with us. The only reason we can't move him now is because of vehicle space. He left the visit yesterday looking sad. The CASA worker asked me again today if we consider taking him. He feels left out at the visits because nobody talks with him and he really likes us and wants to be here with us. I told her that Andy and I both like him, my only concern is that everytime he comes down to visit he tries to take over with helping his siblings and I don't want him to feel that that is his role anymore. He deserves to be a kid. Deidra really likes him and he seems to be a very sweet boy. So, we may just give this a go. Talk about stepping out of my comfort zone.... I really feel God's hand in this though. Keep us in your prayers that we make the right decision for him, his siblings, and our family after the first year. We told them that we'd keep praying about it and if we decide to do it, we'd pursue it after the first of the year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home