Friday, November 23, 2007

My Mom and I just had a horrible fight...

She left me feeling like I'm supposed to choose her over my husband and she got upset at me when I tried to defend him (she took something he said way too seriously) and she said that I'm always trying to defend him. Ummm...he's my husband and I love him, what am I supposed to do? Well, I told her that I didn't need this crap today and I hung up on her. I talked to Andy and asked him if I could invite her over tonight so we could all hash this out. He said that was fine, but he really didn't feel that he should have to defend himself, but that he'd do it for me. Well, I called her back at work, she basically told me that she is my mother and I'm not to talk to her like that. I told her that I don't feel like I'm supposed to pick her over my husband or that she's even putting me in that position as she gets mad at Andy's family for doing that very same thing. She told me again "I'm mom and I'm not letting anyone talk to me like you just did." She said she had my brother's game to go to (it's away and it's cold and she told me yesterday that she didn't want to go and sit in the cold) and that she wasn't coming over. So, now she left something really horrible that I'm going to spend all weekend worrying over hanging over my head because she won't come over and talk this out and I have to work this weekend. Andy feels that she gets jealous that I have a husband who cares about me and takes care of me and that she wants to try and put things in so that I wind up in the same fate that she does. I think it's a bit extreme, but I do know that she can be jealous of married couples at times. But, I really don't like feeling like I am right now. Andy heard how hard I had been crying and decided to leave work right then and there and he's pretty mad at my Mom for not agreeing to come over and smooth out something that she started. I'm at the point where I just want to get in the car by myself and drive and drive until I wind up somewhere all by myself.

He tried to call her and talk to her when he got home from work, she said that she already had plans and he said that if she had legitimate plans he could understand that but that he hoped she'd reconsider coming over to talk. He said you could tell that she paused to look for an excuse and said that she had my brother's game to go to and that she wasn't ready to talk about it right now and that she had to go. She hung up and never game him a chance to say anything in return. Left me feeling prety darned important.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home