Friday, November 30, 2007

Britney Spears Adopting from China?

So, I'm driving down the road and listening to the radio gossip when I hear the news that Britney Spears is wanting to adopt 2 children from China. If they really give her a passing home study, I'll be so upset. I feel bad for the girl in things that she's been through and all the negative attention that she's gotten...but she can't keep her act together with the children that she has...I get tired of being put through the wringer all the time myself and having to jump through hoops to foster and I know friends who have adopted internationally and domestically and you really do have people into your business and so forth and it's not an easy thing to go through and then these actors and actresses almost seem to breeze through the process so easily...why? Just because they're famous or they have lots of money that your average joe people don't have...doesn't mean that they should just have children handed to them or the process sped up just because they're famous...or rules looked over just because they're famous. I don't know...but hearing this really angered me this morning. China has a rule that you can only adopt one child at a time, unless it's twins...(last I knew anyway)...so if they break this rule because it's Britney Spears...that will really make me mad.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Not to mention that she shouldn't HAVE children, IMO, anyway. Her own flesh and blood are not in her custoday....why should they put orphans with her? AND - rumors are she's actually PREGNANT again anyway (not K-Fed's baby). She makes me sick.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Crap. Look at my spelling. LOL I meant her CUSTODY. (and even that spelling looks wrong to me)

12:31 PM  
Blogger TK said...

Don't worry she can't. You can not adopt from China unless you are between the ages 30 and 50 years of age. She is too young to adopt. ALSO, as of May 2007, no singles are allowed to adopt. She is not married so she is not allowed to even apply. I thought that rumor was the stupidist rumor I've heard. There is NO way that girl would pass a homestudy. And especially one that has to meet China's requirements!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home