Monday, January 07, 2008

A mother's love...

I was reading in a friend's blog (www.roosmom.com) about how in her pre-mom days she thought she knew when she would take care of her nieces and nephews how much she was going to love her own kids someday.

That really made me think...I used to think the same thing when my brothers were born (we are 12 and 14 years apart). I love them so much, but it in no way shape or form prepared me for the tremendous amount of love (that I can't even put into words)that I felt when Deidra was born. I loved her from the very moment I found out about her, but it really hit me the moment she was born. I can remember going to the store with her and feeling a little apprehensive when people would get too close (are they going to try to snatch her..what do I do?) I would drive with her in the car (what if we get into an accident...I couldn't bear to lose her). I would put her down to bed at night (is she still breathing?)and people would tell me how beautiful she was and I would always get this lump in my throat and would feel like crying every time. I don't know how to explain it. Even now that she is older my heart swells with how beautiful she is (and I'm not saying this in a vain way...I'm talking about the person that she is although since I'm her Mommy I will always think she is beautiful on the outside too). This little girl has such a personality...she's funny, she makes friends wherever she goes, she has a very sensitive side to her though just like me where her feelings get hurt very easily about some things, she's giving, and she tries so hard to get along with everyone and to give them things that they need. I look at her sometimes and my eyes well up with tears at how darned proud I am of her and the little lady that she is becoming. There is something about a mother's love...you just have to experience it to really understand it. But it really is true...you'd do anything that you could for them no matter what...a mother's love can move mountains for her children.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home