Thursday, January 10, 2008

Well, Baby J's mom isn't ready to sign the adoption papers...

the attorney has met with her. I wasn't aware of that until this morning, but we talked to her for a bit yesterday. She cried a lot and wanted to know when we were going down to see her. The court hearing is March 25 for the courts to take permanent custody of him, so they're hoping she'll relinquish on her own before then so she can still get an open adoption for him. But, if not, they'll take permanent custody of him on the 25th of March and he'll stay in our custody. Then, they'll terminate her rights and then we go for adoption after that. If it goes through the state, their adoptions are closed.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I feel for her, and for you guys. I don't know the whole story, but from what I gather - I see a young girl, who probably just really wants to do right despite past mistakes - but it's her child - and I can't imagine the decision to give that child away is easy - and the selfish part of her just wants that child to be HERS and then' there's the part of her that is saying .... the best thing for that child is THIS. I hope everything turns out so that everyone is happy, and that most of all - that child is given everything he needs.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home