Friday, January 18, 2008

What a day!

The girls were out of school today. Their teachers had an in-service day and they have a 4-day weekend now due to MLK day on Monday. Little J was in another one of her moods so the morning and afternoon were a struggle. Then, I had to take her and Baby D to their visit. The visit went well and I met the CASA worker when I went to pick them up and we talked for a good 15 minutes about the kids and the latest goings on. Then, the parents and grandmother came out with the kids and I was pleasant. It was a little awkward with Baby D calling me "Mommy" right in front of them and then Little J started calling me that too. But, if it bothered them they didn't show it to my face and I was good about reminding the kids to give them hugs and kisses good-bye. Baby D actually wound up pouring his orange juice on me and the grandma and we laughed about it together. I didn't feel as nervous around them this time...and his parents were pleasant. I tried to hand Baby D back to his Mom for one last good-bye hug but he wasn't having anything to do with it. He let her give him a kiss, but his arms were wrapped around my neck and he wasn't going anywhere. She handled it very well though. I'm proud of them for working their case plans and they've never missed a visit. I just really hope and pray that they'll do good by their kids and keep up the good work and effort once the kids go home and that they don't slip back into the old habits and life.

Baby D sat on my lap for a long time with his head on my chest and I just rocked him tonight and when I got up to put him to bed he wrapped his arms around my neck and said "love you, Mommy, love you." I love him too and I just really hope the judge makes the right decision at the court hearing next month and doesn't decide to send them home too soon. I want the parents to be truly ready for them to come home so that they have the best chance at doing good by their children.

Abba, I pray for Baby D and for Little J and for their family and I put their case into Your Hands. Please guide everyone involved in this case to do right by these children and let the timing be right when it is finally time for them to go home.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home