Friday, February 15, 2008

I forgot the stinkin' camera!

We went to Deidra's Sock Hop last night and after we got there, I realized that I had forgotten the camera. It was so cute to see her out there dancing with her friends. The boys were even bopping along in their strollers. I tried to encourage Little J to go out and do the hokey pokey and limbo with all of them, but she was too shy of all the people which is so unlike her. She just wanted to be close to me all night. It was fun though...Deidra was a bit upset that the boy she wanted to dance with chickened out at the last minute...although the mean mom that I must be...I was secretly glad. I'm not ready for all that stuff yet....she's got plenty of time for boys...I'm not ready for that to start in first grade. Please hold off for a few years!!

Andy was sweet and brought, me, Deidra, and Little J home a rose. Mine was red, Little J's was yellow, and Deidra's was peach. It totally made Little J's day...she was so excited that she got a "real" flower and she kept going to look at it in the vase. We got the kids little chocolates, cars, and bear pens for Valentine's day. They were psyched.

Andy and I had our own fun after the kids went to bed...well as much fun as you can have with both of us not being able to breathe. lol. I'm thinking that I have an Upper Respiratory Infection, but since I'm uninsured right now I won't go to the doctor. I figure it has to clear up on it's own at some point.

I finally did apply for insurance for Deidra and I. I waited around for a guy to call me back with some quotes all through January and after being promised them a couple of times...they never came. So, we went insurance shopping online and I finally sent in some stuff for Deidra and I.

Prayer request for Baby J too...I gave him a bath the other night and when I was lotioning him afterwards I noticed a little raised skin on the left side of his neck and it was all puffed out. I felt it and it was definitely hard underneath, but the nodule moved when you pushed on it. It freaked me out and I had Andy come look at it. He got a bit freaked out by it too. Well, yesterday I called the doctor and she couldn't fit him in until Tuesday. I called another place and they couldn't get him in until Thursday. I wasn't going to wait that long and freak out that whole time. I knew better than to research the internet but did it anyway and got freaked when I read about cancer. I called my caseworker and asked a couple of things. I told her I was going to take him to the ER but if they needed to biopsy it or anything, I wondered if I needed CPS approval first. We talked for a few minutes and I told her I'd let her know as soon as I knew anything. Had the fastest ER visit, I've ever had. I went in and told them what was going on, they didn't even have me pre-register or have him see the triage nurse...they took him straight back. Good news is...he's got an ear infection and an infection in his lymph nodes. They gave him some zithromas and told us to alternate some motrin and tylenol for his pain. I told them that he never even indicated that he was hurting at all and even the nurse commented that he was letting her poke and prod at him with no fussiness at all...he just kept smiling at her. So, I think he must have a high pain tolerance. I'm just giving him the pain meds anyway though to make him more comfortable. Poor baby! So pray that he feels better soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home