Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday's Homily



I went to church yesterday and we had a visiting priest. He's a priest for the Marines. Anyway, he touched on the fact that a lot of us judge ourselves against other people...oh, I'm better than them...I'd never do that. Or this person has done this, this, and this, and I have only done one of those things...I'm better than them. Or we judge each other based on what we have monetarily and think we're better than other people based on that. He reminded us that just because one person does one thing and we don't that we do other things that equally equal the sins of that other person we're judging each other on. He said that Christ is not like that and that he loves us and sees us all as equals no matter what we've done wrong. He said if we're going to judge ourselves, we need to judge ourselves against God so that we see the real picture.

My Mom's RCIA students had to go to the cathedral in Dallas last night and since she hates driving Dallas, she asked me to go with her. I had to share a picture of the Cathedral. It's beautiful inside and out.

We talked a lot about the homily..we each took something out of it a bit different. But, I asked her "how do not judge some things as being different...I gave her the example of someone like Mother Teresa who helped all the sick and she was there for everyone and then you take someone who gets pregnant over and over again and has numerous abortions or you take a serial killer for instance? How do you not say that Mother Teresa was the better person and not judge them against one another? My Mom even agreed with me that she couldn't. I guess it's another mystery of how Christ works.

Even the homily at the Cathedral spoke to me. He spoke about how God calls people at all different times. But, when He does call you, we're to go forth, step out of our comfort zones, and go where He calls us to go and do what He calls us to do. And we're supposed to tell everyone about our beautiful God. He based a lot of his homily on this song:



Then we closed with this song and I sang it with tears in my eyes. I can't tell you how strong I sensed the Holy Spirit and he just grabs a hold of my heart and brings my to tears every time I sense Him.




I love it when God speaks to me and I can totally sense His Presence!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home