Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend

On Saturday, we got up and went to Waco to go to the Dr. Pepper museum. We enjoyed looking around and then we went and got some original Dr. Pepper from their soda fountain (you can really taste the difference) and Deidra and I also got some ice cream. We went to the outlet malls in Hillsboro after that and got Deidra some new school clothes at Gymboree. She got some really cute things. We're going to take her out again next weekend to finish up school shopping since it's tax-free weekend. We drove back home and went to Ryan's for their buffet and once we came home I decided I was going out myself to treat myself to a movie. So, I went to see Mama Mia. What a cute, playful, and totally fun movie! I told Andy that I want to see the actual musical for my birthday when I got home. We watched some Olympics and then went to bed. I had a few instances of sharp needle pain in my lower spine throughout the day that had me freaked out. Andy thinks I have nerve damage. I really don't know what to think, but it hurts when it happens. I'm going to keep an eye on it and if it continues I'll be making a doctor's appt.

Saturday I was up several times with Baby L. He came down with a cold and is congested and coughing and he didn't sleep all that well. Sunday morning, I was drained and my back was bothering me so I stayed home from church. I laid on the couch for a bit and then I ran to Wal-mart for a couple things we ran out of and more baby food for Baby L and I was looking for some back pain meds which I couldn't find. Later on in the afternoon, since I still had one free movie pass I asked Andy if he minded if I went to go see The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants and he said it was fine. What a great movie. I really found myself connecting with Bridget when she went to her Grandma's in search of info about her Mom who had died a few years back and trying to get some answers about some things. It brought tears to my eyes and just thinking about it makes me tear up. You lose a parent at a young age, and it really does affect so many things about your life. You struggle with so many things. My own Mom died in 1985 and it's just been relatively recently that I've come to peace with a lot of things. Other things I think I'll probably struggle with for the rest of my life until we meet again. I just really found myself relating to Bridget during the movie.

I came home to watch more Olympics with Deidra and Andy and I found myself teary eyed watching them on a couple of occasions. Oh well...it's good to have the American spirit right?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home