Thursday, July 23, 2009

Little E's 4-year check...

I took Little E in to get her 4-year well check yesterday. Deidra had been bugging me that she wanted the neighbor to go with us. She couldn't understand why I kept telling her no. We get there and the kids are all into everything while I'm trying to check in, we finally get called into a room and they were all trying to turn off the lights, run up and down the hall, use the bathroom, screeching, I just had to laugh. Then they tried to test her hearing and vision...she hadn't a clue of what she was supposed to do no matter how many times we tried to explain it...finally we gave up, but the doctor thinks she's ok Then they had to give her shots and do her TB test that we had to do. I told them that she's a fighter. The nurse attempted the TB test while I held her and each time she'd manage to pull away and she was just screaming bloody murder. We had to get another nurse to come in and help and even with 3 of us, we couldn't get it done. Finally, they said they were just going to do her shots and we'd have to come back for her TB test. The doctor poked her head in and said "no, we're going to get her done now...I used to do pediatric ICU...we'll get it done." It took 5 people to hold her down and she was still managing to squirm. Our ears were all ringing when we were done. I told Andy when she goes back in another month for 2 more, he's taking her in there or he's at least going with me as he's stronger than I am to help hold her. We sign her up for pre-k next week and I just kept trying to explain that if she wanted to go to school, she'd have to get her shots. I even tried to hold her on my lap...nothing seemed to help. Poor thing!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home