Sunday, April 18, 2010

Giving Melina her eviction notice...

I reached 34 weeks today. I'm one week away from the point where I had Deidra. I've been having early labor signs since Thursday afternoon...diarrhea, upset stomach, lower back pain, and contractions coming every 15-20 minutes...however they only last about 20-30 seconds before they end. I kind of freaked out and got scared and I made Andy stay home with me on Friday. I didn't know how fast labor was going to go and I said that if I went into labor on my own, I'd give it a try before opting to have her via c-section. However, if we wind up having to take her early, I said I'd just go ahead and do the c-section. We didn't have her bed up or anything either and I just wanted his help getting set up for her to arrive. I wanted her to hang in there until today though...so tonight I started walking (we walked North Park Mall) and I'm going to start taking evening primrose oil to try and soften my cervix and ready it for labor. I told my parents that today I am formally giving her her eviction notice. My Mom thought that was so funny. My Dad told me that I better chew a piece of gum and swallow the message with it to make sure that she gets the message. I've been miserable for the last few days...my back hurts, my stomach gets so tight with the contractions, I have carpel tunnel in both hands and it makes the bends of my arms down to my wrists and fingers just hurt, my feet and ankles are swollen and now even my legs are bothering me and I'm getting the sciatica pain. I feel extremely blessed to be having her and that God is giving us another precious little one...I am just ready to hold her in my arms and kiss her precious little head and see her beautiful little face and hold her little hands and feet..and pet her little head of hair that they tell me that she has. I am just ready. I'm doing my best to hang in there...but I can't sit for long, I pace the floor, I sit up and rock back and forth, I lay on one side and then flip to the other, repeat the process all over again. I just cannot get comfortable no matter what I do. I go in on Thursday for another ultrasound to check on her size...I'm really hoping that she will be born soon. Granted, I want her to be as healthy as possible....I am just more than ready to meet her. :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home