Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Accidents, accidents, accidents...

I really don't know what to do about Josiah and all this accident stuff. I really think it's turning into a control issue with him or something. He was fully potty trained for a long time, I went into the hospital and he started wetting his pants on my brother who was watching him. Never made a big deal out of it, just changed his clothes. I came home with Melina and it continued. We expected some sort of regression, again, we never made a big deal out it...changed him, did the laundry, no big deal. Well, the baby is 8 weeks old now and he's still doing it and what is really bothering me is that he knows that he has to go, he'll go into the downstairs bathroom (just a potty and a sink), proceed to stand right in front of the toilet and sing or talk or try to play with the toilet plunger and he comes out of the bathroom a few minutes later and the pee is all down the front of his clothes and yet he won't tell you until you happen to notice that he's wet. I changed him this morning and went upstairs to go get him some clean underwear to find that he didn't have any clean ones. Today is his laundry day, so I went and popped his clothes into the washer and told him that he'd have to wear a pull-up until I could get him some clean underwear...Tracie's the only one that still wears a pull-up at night, so of course it's a girl one and he had a fit about that which resulted in him fighting me to put it on and then he proceeded to throw a 45 minute tantrum afterwards (in his room). I just am at my wit's end with knowing how to handle it. I'm going to bring it up at his psychiatrist's appt this afternoon, but I'm really starting to think it's a control issue with him, but I need him to start using the potty regularly again before school starts in the fall. UGH! I make sure to praise him when he uses the potty big time...Tracie regressed too, but she hasn't hand an accident in a few weeks now. Like I said, we expected it with the new baby, but I would have thought that he would have been past this by now.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home