Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Time and Money...More Marital Problems

Hi Abba.  Can I come and sit on your lap?  I need so much love right now.  I don't know what is happening to my marriage, Lord, but we're in dire need of help.  I don't understand why it's always up to me to want to fix things and to try and initiate things.  He doesn't come up and hug me or kiss me or say I love you.  He doesn't initiate sexual behavior.  He doesn't give me his time.  Things got really bad last week and we got into yet another bad argument and then things did start to get better.  We had a better week then what I feel we have in a very long time...he gave me time when he got home from work to talk at the kitchen table and it felt so nice.  Yet, we seem to be back to square one again this week Abba.  We got into yet another argument today.  He said some things to me, Lord, that made me realize that he understands some things yet he is so far off on others.  I told him that I can't take this money crap anymore...he's never content with what we have and he's made me feel worthless.  He gets paid tonight, Lord.  I wanted to go out for dessert as a family...we're talking $10-$15 here and the answer from him was no.  I said that was fine, but yet it seemed like a fight started between us later and he did nothing but complain about money and it just escalated from there.  I told him that we have to live our lives too...you can't exist on all work and no play (basically what he's suggesting) forever and he said that we weren't adults if we couldn't do that.  I told him that he makes me feel worthless when we get in these fights, I've sacrificed a lot of things Lord, because I won't let myself ask for things....I'm tired of being told no and I'm tired of feeling like I don't have a say in our financial matters.  I feel as if Andy uses that as a controlling measure.  I tried to explain that I'm concerned about our marriage and that I'm tired of him not respecting me and making me feel worthless.  Lord, he started to laugh at me and that just broke me even further.  I was going to leave, but once again he threw the guilt trip at me because he had to leave for work soon.  So, I stayed and I cried my eyes out while he got ready for work.  I told him not to laugh at me again, because these are my feelings whether or not he wants to hear them.  He told me later, that he didn't understand why I felt worthless and that I needed to get over stuff...he said I'm letting my parent's divorce spill over into ours and the feelings that I feel about my Dad, I take out on him, but he's tired of me blaming my unhappiness on him and how he feels about money.  Lord, I will admit that there is some truth about my parent's divorce and my own marriage....it shaked my foundation when my parent's split up...that's something that I never thought would happen.  But, he went through this very same thing with his own parent's...he should know how I'm feeling to some extent.  But, on the other hand...some of our problems have nothing to do with my parents and I feel like he doesn't want to change that.  I just want his time, affection, and to let me spend money now and then.  I'm not talking like I want anything major, but some time, some affection, and to have a little freedom with money now and then would be nice.  I'm scared for my marriage, Abba.  I'm tired of being the one who wants to change things....I'm tired of him making me feel guilty.  He told me to redo the budget today since he's obviously not doing a very good job...I don't feel like I have a say in our financial matters...he's kept me out of the loop for so long.  He threw that in my face today too, Abba.  All I want to do is cry.  Help me, Abba.  Sometimes I really wonder if we'll make it to our 6 year wedding anniversary and it's only a couple of months away.  Help us, Abba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home