Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day, Mother Mary

Hi Abba, I just wanted to take a moment to wish your dearly beloved Mother Mary a happy Mother's Day. After all it is her day too. Happy Mother's Day, Dear Mary....how wonderful it must be for you in Heaven today. Happy Mother's Day to Mom and Grandma too...let them know if you can how much I love them and think of them often.

I got an email from Andy's Mom today that very well could have ruined my Mother's Day. She was talking about how she couldn't support our foreign adoption and about how as a Mother she wanted to, but she knew it would be the worst thing that she could do and that there were just some things that we had to learn the hard way. My first thought wasn't very nice and I wanted to write her back and tell her to have a nice freaking Mother's Day too and I wanted to point out her wrongs in her face. Yes, maybe we were wrong in the fact to pursue adoption while we were still living here and now that we know that is what FIL would prefer (as well as the rest of the family's sentiments), we are going to do that, but I just can't believe how hurtful some people are being about us adopting. Abba, we're trying to follow the will you have for our lives. We're trying to do the right thing. I called Mom today to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and she could tell that I was feeling down and so I told her what happened. I asked her if she thought there was anything wrong about our adoption letter that we sent out and she said that she didn't see anything wrong with it all, but she thinks it would be better for us if we were in our own place too, and she knows that we're trying to make that happen now. Her and Sister Margaret had been praying a rosary and she put Margaret on the phone to talk to me. Margaret made me feel a lot better about my feelings and she said that we didn't have to like everything, but we needed to do the Christian thing and forgive and spend time in Thanksgiving and be thankful for all things. She told me to call MIL and wish her a Happy Mother's Day and knock her socks off. She told me too that a lot of people were mean to her too with all the horrible things that she had to watch her Jesus go through, but Mary just wanted to follow God's will for her life. She made me laugh about the situation and I realized that this was just yet another stone in the road...maybe a test for what we have ahead for us...but no matter what anyone says about anything we need to proceed with what God is telling us to do and that He will pave that road ahead of us and open doors for us that we didn't even know existed. We just need to go forth in faith and trust in Him and when it's time...we will know. What my MIL said hurt us, Abba, but I'm choosing to forgive her and set another foot forward. When I got that email, I wanted to be quick to point out what she did to her own family and I don't think she understands the hurts that she's caused from all of that even to this day and it's been a few years. But, I know I had to do the right thing and leave it alone. I'll just bring my anger to you and leave my hurts at Your Feet. I choose to forgive her and I'm going to try to leave my anger and hurt behind me as I take another blind step forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home