Monday, March 06, 2006

Thanks for a great review and a good raise...

Thanks so much, Abba, for taking care of me! These past few months I've been trying to remind myself that I really do my work for You and that You see what I'm doing and the things that I've been having to deal with.

I'm up for my monetary review and Corey made me do a self assessment. I'm not good at tooting my own horn or the whole compliment thing and I scored myself way low. I only gave myself a P which is Performer. Corey told me I scored myself too low when he read it. Anyway, they do round table with all the reviews at Staff on Wednesdays and Corey took mine with him. All the department heads and assistant managers and the store manager are at the Staff meetings. Anyway, I guess they all didn't realize that I never got the promotion to head cashier, all of them thought that I was already and didn't realize that I'm just technically a cashier. Corey told them that I work crappy hours, I've stepped up to the plate and proved that I could do the job with no problems, and that I was owed some money to make up for the last few months and he gave me a V =. V is an Achiever. They asked him if he felt that I could be a department head and he said yes. I guess nobody in the room had anything negative to say, they all felt that I could do a really good job as a department head. So, they bumped me up to a V+. That's one step down from an O which is Outstanding and not many people get. Corey, said that I'm going to get a really good raise. So, I'll get 9%. I'll take that. He also said that he mentioned to everyone at the end of staff that I was leaving as he didn't want that news to effect my review in any way and he said that everyone thinks very highly of me and I'm going to be dearly missed. I was near tears, I was so touched. I never expected that review score or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home