Saturday, July 15, 2006

God bless the little boy...

Hi Abba. I just wanted to share a sweet little story and ask for your blessings for this family. I was in lumber the other night at Home Depot. I hate being down at contractors, but this one family that came in that night just made it all worthwhile. A father and his little boy came down to get swingset stuff and I asked the little boy if that was for him and he said "yeah, it's for my sisters and new baby brother too who's coming home tomorrow." The father looked at the boy and said "how do you know he's coming home tomorrow." The little boy said "I prayed about it and asked God and that's how I know." The father said "ok, then I guess he's coming home tomorrow." The father looked at me and told me "we lived in LA and were Hurricane Katrina victims and his little boy has sisters, but always wanted a little brother. Apparently, the doctors told them that they couldn't have any more kids so they never thought it was going to happen. Well, when they relocated to TX after Katrina hit, lo and behold, the doctors told her that she was pregnant and later they found out it was a boy. He asked God and his prayer was answered and they were thrilled." I got tears in my eyes from that story. The father left to drive his truck up to the doors and the little boy was trying to haul his slide and stone wall out the door by himself and I offered to help him. While I went to help the boy, the father's cell phone rang...."the mom and baby boy were coming home tomorrow." I don't know why, but this was such a sweet story and it hit me that we have to continue praying for our baby and that you will provide for our needs. It may not be in our timing, but that you will take care of us. But, I ask for blessings for this family and especially for the little boy that had no problem going to you and asking for what he wanted most. You do take care of all things, Abba, and are such a loving God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home