Friday, July 07, 2006

Insurance stuff...

Abba, help us to figure out what the best options are so that it helps us to where we're not spending a ton of money on insurance, but yet it's not going to hurt anything with our upcoming adoption either.

I'm looking to quit my job at the end of the month. I can make the same amount of money that I make from work after paying out expenses and spend the time at home with my little girl. Anyway, we're just about the start the ball rolling on this adoption thing. We're signing on with CCAI on July 15. Anyway, my husband's job offers insurance but only as a health savings plan and it's going to be expensive to put us all on that. We had looked into just buying health insurance from Blue Cross Blue Shield for my daughter and I, but because I'm a diabetic I just found out that I wouldn't be eligible for their insurance. I'm starting a diet next week and she said that if I could show that I was off all my medications for 6-12 months that they could underwrite me into the Blue Cross Blue Shield plan then. I told my hubby that I'd go without insurance for that long, however I got to thinking that if I do that is that going to look bad on our homestudy if I'm not insured? I'm insured now through my work, but I don't want to have to stay there just for the insurance. The baby could be added once we got her, so that's not an issue?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home