Tuesday, July 04, 2006

In honor of the 4th of July...

Thank you so much, Abba, for our freedoms in this country. Thank you for giving us a wonderful place to live. Thank you for holidays too where we can spend time with our loved ones and for the beautiful fireworks that we are able to see. I also wanted to say thank you for the beautiful rainbow that you gave us yesterday afternoon. What a beautiful thing in the sky! I also want to thank you for my hubby. He's a blessing in my life and I am so thankful for him. We'll always share a special memory on the 4th of July (read below).

What is your favorite 4th of July memory? (If you aren't in the U.S., then use your own national holiday.) 8 years ago today, my hubby proposed to me after the fireworks. It was pouring down rain and we were walking back to my apartment along Lake Michigan. Big waves would come up over our feet and we would just laugh. He asked me to marry him and we were both so soaked, but it was so sweet of him and a moment that I'll never forget.

Fireworks- love them, hate them or somewhere in between? I love them! I get choked up sometimes in the middle of them and just want to burst into tears. I'm very thankful to live in this country with all of our freedoms and choices that we have.

Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home