Thursday, August 10, 2006

Another brag on my little girl...

I just can't help it...I'm the proud mama! I walked Deidra to class today since I had the day off and Mrs. Morgan told me that she just loves Deidra to pieces. When I went to pick her up from school, normally the teachers aren't outside with the students, but she came out when Deidra's name was called and as I drove up she came running to the car. I immediately thought something must have happened, but she just wanted to tell me that she was so impressed with Deidra and at how well she's doing with school. I said thank you and we were off as other kids were waiting to get picked up and I didn't want to hold up the line. We get home and Deidra said they were having ice cream tomorrow and she wanted to know if she could have ice cream money for school. I asked her how much it was and she didn't know, so I called the school. They transferred me to Mrs. Morgan and she told me again that she just thought that Deidra was such a joy to have in class and she was doing so well. She wanted to know what we were doing with her as she said that it was neat to see her already beginning to read. I told her that a lot of it is Deidra teaching herself words and sounding them out and we make it a point to read to her daily. She said that she asked Deidra how she learned to read and she said "My mom and dad are really smart." She said that she just thought that was amazing and that she tries to get the kids to go as high as they can go so she'd keep encouraging her. She told us to keep on doing what we were doing with her and that she always loves it when she gets students like her. She got to be the line leader again all day for doing such a good job. Talk about making a mommy cry.... I took her to the library to get her very own library card as a reward after school and she just ate that all up.

Bless my little girl, Abba, and help her continue to do well in school. Give her a love of reading and always enjoy books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home