Thursday, October 19, 2006

Car troubles and weather...

Well, Andy woke me up this morning to tell me that his car was dead. He thought it was the starter. Got things around and took Deidra to school, I called work to tell them that I may be late, and took Andy up to Mom's dealership so that we could borrow some jumper cables. Mom told me that if it was the starter the jumper cables weren't going to help, but I figured it was better to try than to have to call a tow truck and pay a towing bill if we really didn't have to. Came home and jumped the car...it started. YEAH! Drove back up to the dealership and they determined that the battery was just bad. Got a new battery put in and he went off to work and I made it to work on time afterall. Thank you, Lord, that it wasn't something that was going to cost us bukoo bucks and thank you for Mom's discount as well. We thought that it was going to cost us a whole lot more money today than what it actually did seeing as to how it was just the battery.

I had to laugh though...we finally had a really cool day here. We were standing outside the dealership and it was only in the low 50s. We were all shivering and they told us to take the car inside to look at it...it was too cold to stand outside. I honestly can't believe that I'm a northern girl who's used to it being VERY cold and yet I was shivering in 50 degree weather like I was in the middle of cold wind chills and freezing wind. Even when I left work an hour ago, the weather is only 63 degrees. As long as the wind isn't blowing, I'm ok in the sun...but if I get into the shade or the wind starts blowing, I start to shiver. I never thought I'd lose my northern blood this fast. lol. It does finally feel like fall though down here (well today anyway, since yesterday was something like 88 degres). It's a nice change from the heat though. Thank you for the beautiful weather, Abba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home