Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Work Issues

Abba, please guide me in the direction that I need to go on with my job. I'm getting the run around at work and am so sick of getting scheduled over my availability every week and then dealing with the stresses of either finding someone to switch with me or getting my supervisor to let me leave early. They just let a couple other girls switch their availability during the week as well and now apparently there's 5 of us that can't work past 2 o'clock. The supervisor is upset at the situation and now she's only giving us minimal hours...part of that I can understand as she can't have 5 of us all up there at the same time, but then she just told me that I can't have the week of Thanksgiving off because other people asked for it off already. I put in to take my vacation and me being nice just asked for Monday-Friday. She won't even let me have that. I asked her if she noticed that I wanted to take that as vacation and I wasn't just requesting the time off. I was always told that a vacation request came before a time off request. She told me that it was first come first serve and I put in the request too late. Now, I guess I'm going to have to leave an hour and a half before my shifts that week and drive her to my Mom's house so my younger brother can watch her. They live a half an hour away. I'm just so miffed. I know if I found a babysitter I'd get more hours more than likely, but yet I don't trust anyone to drop her off in home daycare as we haven't lived down here all that long yet and all the people that I know down here besides my Mom are the people that I work with. I'm just so stressed out. The whole reason that I accepted the part-time transfer was because I could say what hours I wanted to work from. I just don't know what to do anymore. Maybe it really is time to start looking for something else...I just don't want to have to start all over again or deal with the same issues someplace else. And I don't want to have to put her back in daycare.... What to do? What to do? Please give me some direction. I know there's quite a few of us at work with small children and other issues and we're all really feeling stressed about the whole situation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Hope you are able to resolve all your work issues. Sounds like things are really hard right now. I am thinking of you.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Hang in there Jess, and keep praying.. things will work out the way that they are supposed to. Hugs.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home