Thursday, November 09, 2006

Horse Races and Friend Stuff

Andy really does work for an awesome company. They give each department money each year to pick an activity for team building and they pay for it. Andy's department is going to the horse races in Arlington tonight and each person gets $100 to spend (all paid for by the company). They could pick wherever they wanted to go. Andy says that whoever gets the least points tonight is in charge of planning next year's activities for the department. So, he's hoping that he'll do well. I'm excited for him that he gets a night out with the guys, but I'm also jealous a little bit too.

I so need to make some friends here. I need a couple good friends that live near me. I've been very melancholy over the past couple of weeks and I think that has a lot to do with it. I can't believe that we've been here for 6 months now. I'm slowly coming out of my shell. I've made a couple good friends at work and we do stuff with my Mom and brothers a lot and there's a guy that I work with (and who also goes to our church) that I'm friends with and would love to do some bible studies and such with, but he's very moral too and he doesn't want to cause issues or cross any lines considering the fact that I'm married (which I totally respect him for). He's someone that I would totally love to get to know better though...he has a way of talking to me and telling me exactly what I need to hear (and I don't necessarily like it at times...he's kept me in line more than once) and he doesn't always know what's going on in my life when he says it either which is kinda freaky. I told him the other day that it's almost like his spirit knows mine or something. My Mom really likes him too and she wants me to invite him to a bible study through church or invite him over to dinner at her house when she has the gang over. I told Mom that she just likes to take in kids and people. lol. I've been praying for some good Christian friends and I know that it's just going to take some more time to adjust to the move and everything. One of my other friends from work, Cindi, is my Mom's age but we just talk and talk and talk. It's kinda funny sometimes. I've been very homesick lately though. I wish it didn't take so long to drive back home and it's so expensive to fly.

Anyway, I need to get some cleaning done and then I think I'm going to curl up with my Mitford series by Jan Karon and read for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home