Thursday, November 02, 2006

Possible Miscarriage...

Well, I was a week late for my period. I had been having cramps ever since the week before my period was due, sore breasts, nauseated, and very sleepy. One of my co-workers told me that she thought I was pregnant and gave me a pregnancy test to take. That was last week Thursday. That turned up negative. Still didn't know why I wasn't feeling very well. Tested sugars...that is all normal. Tuesday morning, I went to the store to get another pregnancy test as I really felt that I could've been. Got home and got sidetracked with something and went to the bathroom to find that I had begun to spot. Put the tests away for another time and figured my period was here... I went to bed on Tuesday night with horrible cramps...and my stomach was as hard as a rock. I woke up around 3:30 am not feeling right. Went into the bathroom and passed what appeared to be a sac. I was only half awake, so I never thought to take it out of the toilet to bring to the doctor. I went back to bed and told Andy that I thought that I had just had a miscarriage and I was calling the doctor in the morning. He asked me if I wanted him to stay home and I told him that I would be ok and he could go to work. If I needed him, I'd call him and let him know. Well, the bleeding proceeded to get much worse and I really started to pass some large clots. When I called the doctor when they opened, I was soaking through a tampon and pad every hour. He told me to come on in before 10 am and he talked to me, had me a do a urine pregnancy test (that was negative again), said he wished that I had brought him what had passed so he could see it to know for sure. Then, he said he was going to do a blood test and do an exam. He did the exam and told me he didn't feel anything that indicated that I was pregnant although my uterus was on the large side and he didn't know why. He gave me some hormones to stop the bleeding and wants me to go back in on Monday for an ultrasound. I came home and talked to my Mom and she said that it definitely sounds to her that I had a miscarriage as she went through the same thing when she had hers and I told her that I don't want to call it something that it's not, but when I saw what passed in the bathroom, something told my heart that we had just lost a baby. I'm feeling more confused after going to the doctor, but I guess I'll know more on Monday once they do the ultrasound and everything. Mom told me that I knew my body better than anyone else and to rely on what my heart said. She told me that of all days to lose a baby...it was All Souls Day...and we would pray for that baby. She was feeling sad about it too when we went to Mass together. She said that she's thrilled though that we're down here and she strongly believes that if I keep on trying to lose the weight and getting myself feeling better that there will be another baby for us and Deidra will get that baby sister and brother she's been praying so hard for. I saw on her face though that she desperately wants to be a grandma again, so that made me smile too. I just wish that I knew for sure what was going on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry jess. Hard to understand the loss of a baby... Hope you are feeling better.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home