Monday, October 30, 2006

Corey just called me...

he's my supervisor from my old store that just lost his Dad. He didn't recognize my number but he said that the text message I sent was so sweet that he had to call and find out who it was from. We just talked and talked for about the last half an hour about his Dad and he seems to be holding up ok. His mom is a mess. He said he's struggling with guilt though as he hadn't been talking to his mother for the last 3 months and just started talking to her again about a week ago before she had her hysterectomy. 2 days after that they lost his Dad. He's struggling with the fact that he and his girlfriend are expecting a baby and his sister that just got married this summer is also expecting and he's upset that they'll never know their grandfather and his Dad will never get to see them or experience being a grandma. Corey's mom is furious that Corey's girlfriend is pregnant (hence the reason that Corey wasn't speaking to her), but I told him to hang in there and that maybe when the baby comes she'll come around. It was good to talk to him though and catch up and when he went to hang up he said "I love ya, Jess, and thanks so much for thinking of us." I immediately teared up and all I could muster out was I am so sorry and I love you too." You know it's weird how you can miss people so much, but the minute you hear their voice you realize that although you've known that you've missed them you hadn't really realized how much you do. Does that even make sense?

Abba, I will continue to hold him and his family up in prayer. Please give them all some peace and comfort to cope with all of this. I pray for a quick recovery for Corey's mom with her surgery too. I pray for Corey's relationship with his mom too that there can be some healing there between all of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home