Friday, October 27, 2006

A sad loss....

A co-worker from my old Home Depot called yesterday. She was trying to track down a cell phone number and didn't know if I had it. She gave me some bad news about Corey, my old supervisor. His dad was killed on Tuesday night. I feel so horrible for him. I text messaged him yesterday and plan to call him in a few days. His family was so close and they just lost his grandfather this summer and Corey had a hard time dealing with that one that I know that this has got to me majorly tearing him up. It brings back memories of losing my mom too and I know that losing a parent is one of the majorly hardest things that you ever have to deal with and this was just so unexpected as well that I just feel so awful for him. I wanted to call him last night, but I didn't know if I should right away or if I should give the family a few days to deal with the shock of it all first. Anyway, I went and found the newspaper article that was written about it. It's hard to believe that a year ago, his Dad was riding all of us around on their little boat up at their cottage and now this happened. I think I'm going to have some flowers sent to the funeral home though. Abba, this was such a close-knit family and I know this has to be so hard for all of them. Please give this family some peace and comfort during this difficult time. I lift Corey's Mom, Corey and his 3 sisters up in prayer.

IONIA COUNTY -- A Portland man was killed Tuesday as he was cutting trees in Ionia County's Orange Township, and a large branch fell and struck him, Ionia sheriff's deputies said. Ryan Sandborn, 48, was pronounced dead after the 7:30 p.m. accident that left him trapped underneath a tree branch on Keefer Highway near East Grand River Avenue. Police said Sandborn was cutting wood when one felled tree wedged against a standing tree. The man tried to cut the stuck tree free, causing the branch to break and fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home