Thursday, December 21, 2006

Gee whiz...

I don't think I'll ever understand my BIL. Before Andy and I got married, I never thought that I'd ever have issues with my IL's. It just seems like my relationship with Geoff (BIL) really went downhill after Andy and I got married and Andy's and his relationship has really changed as well. I know there's a lot of hurt there between all of us, but I just don't know how to fix it. Geoff and Andy barely talk and Mimi (his wife) no longer talk at all. They're like this with the whole family, so I know it's not just me, but I think back to the times when Andy and I were dating and Geoff was dating his old girlfriend, Kate, and I think about those times when we all got along and were able to have fun together. Deidra has no idea of who they are and often forgets that she has another uncle besides my brothers. It makes me sad and I was hurt when they completely never even acknowledged her birthday this year. Well, the UPS driver just dropped off a huge package for us. She had to back into the driveway and I had her sit it just inside the door as I couldn't move it...I couldn't believe how huge this package was. I look down to see who it's from...Geoff. I swear that they think that buying Deidra expensive gifts for Christmas and going all out makes up for their lack of time that they talk to her or spend with her. I just told Andy on the phone that I wish they'd honestly see that it's not about the material things...it's about spending time with someone. Yes, I realize that they live in AZ now, but they can still call and talk to her...that's how Deidra knew my Mom when we were living up north and that's how Deidra knows Andy's mom...is by talking to them over the phone. It honestly just makes my heart break sometimes...Abba, please help mend our relationships with each other...that is worth more to us than anything materialistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home