Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Swirling around with different stressors...

Andy took off of work early yesterday since we had to be at the showroom for the house within 48 hours of signing our contract. Wednesdays we have gym, so we couldn't go today and we need to clean the house up for the home study as well on Wednesday. Anyway, we left the house and got a few minutes away and Andy says "Jess, your car is sounding awfully loud." I hadn't noticed anything before then. We proceed down the highway through the construction areas and every so often it would get a little louder. There really wasn't a good spot to pull off the highway. We were almost out to Richmond Hills and we start hearing something dragging and we notice the cars behind us are keeping their distance. We get off at the exit and pull into the showroom parking lot....yup, my muffler is dragging on the ground going right into my tire. Andy fiddles with it for a little bit and we call my Mom to see how to get it off (her working as a parts manager for the Chevy dealership has it's benefits). He can't get it...I was anxious to go in and pick out what we needed to for the house. We picked out some beautiful brick for the house and we got through about 3/4's of the packet that we had for all the options. We are planning on going out again on Saturday and bringing my Mom with us. She's awesome at decorating and I just want to see what she thinks of our choices that we made and make sure that everything we picked will go together. We have to go back and pick our bathroom and wiring choices, but we already have a pretty good idea of what we want.

They closed at 7 and so we had to leave...we fiddled around with my car some more until Andy finally got it off. Then, I just felt stressed about trying to figure out when we could get my car in as I knew that we also needed time to clean up the house for the home study as well today. I thought about calling in, but with how short-handed we are, I just couldn't do that to them. I had such a bad tension headache. Andy finally said that I could take his car to work and to take Deidra to school and he'd get my car in to get fixed. We came up with the plan that if he was still waiting on my car at noon, he'd call work and I'd leave to trade places with him so he could get into work as he had some moves he had to do today.

I went in to work and explained the situation and they were stressing about me having to leave early. I stood out in garden and felt the tension all through my back and head...I started praying and giving my stress to God to handle. It wasn't a half an hour later that Andy called me at the store...my car was already fixed and it was way cheaper than we thought it was going to be. He was going to come and trade cars with me and head into work. Everything totally worked out fine. Thank you so much, Abba, for hearing my prayers. They were relieved at work as well that I didn't need to leave early and now, I just have to worry about getting the house ready for tomorrow. I'm so nervous about the homestudy...I keep telling myself that everything is going to be fine...it's just the unknown and not knowing what to expect that makes me nervous.

Abba, I thank you for watching over us and letting the car get fixed so smoothly. I pray that we'll be able to get the house back in order within no time, and that our homestudy will go well tomorrow night.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home