Friday, March 14, 2008

I need things to go uphill...

I am so ready to cry. I still don't feel 100%, but I thought I felt well enough for Andy to go back to work today. He left around 4. I woke up having horrilbe stomach pains, I got the girls up and ready for school...Deidra finger is looking worse. I go to get the boys up for school...Baby D still isn't feeling 100% and still says his tummy hurts. I change his diaper and notice a red inflamed area on his leg...look closer...there's 2 fang bites...so I start thinking spider bite. I put some triple antibiotic ointment over it and gave him some motrin. Ran the girls up to school and ran over to the agency so my caseworker could look at it...she's in training so I had the nurse look at it...yup, it's a spider bite. She asked me if I knew what kind it was...I never saw the insect. She told me if I couldn't get a hold of the doctor right away, that Ineeded to bring him up to the emergency room. I came home and Deidra's doctor called and said that the nurse could look at her finger and if the doctor needed todo anything, they'd work her in. I was calling Baby D's doctor and had to leave a message. I'm only giving her until 9 to call back or I'm heading to the emergency room as the girls only have a 1/2 day of school and I'm trying to cancel the visit for Little J and Baby D today as well as his ENT appt. I went to call Andy at work to see if he could meet me at the ER room...he's mad at me. I really don't want to have to sit in there for 3 hours to have to leave before he's seen because I have to go get the girls...I did that before and spent the whole darned day (literally) in the ER.

Update: Antibiotics for Baby D's bite in case it gets infected over the next 24-48 hours. And he's been complaining that his tummy has been hurting ever since he had the flu this week, so I had them check into that. At first she thought it was psychosomatic and the visits with his parents were bothering him and then when I said he had had a fever too and she listened to him with the stethoscope she said his abdomen sounded really full so she ordered an x-ray. He's really constipated which surprised me as he's been going and his stools have been soft. But, he's pretty backed up. She said it's probably like 2 lbs of poo stuck in there. We're increasing fluids and fiber to see if we can get things going. I also picked up some pedia-lax (they're little enemas to help them poo) and he went pretty good once I gave him one of those. He still says it hurts though. Poor baby! Andy did wind up meeting me at home to take him in and we got into a fight and both said some things we didn't mean to one another. I think my spirit was pretty broken today, but I'm just glad that we finally apologized and made everything right. My spirit is still hurt, but I can accept his apology.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home