Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Need lotsa patience lately...

I don't know if certain behaviors are just starting to peek or if the kids just got off their schedules during spring break and are still having issues settling back in, but my gosh my hands have been full.

Little J was put on some new meds and it was only making her more hyper and she'd talk non-stop. She couldn't focus on anything you were asking her or trying to tell her and she'd just blurt out stuff that had no similarity to what you were even talking to her about. And she'd just laugh and laugh about it. She's been mean to Deidra, she doesn't want to have to do what she's told, and I'm so tired of listening to her whine and pout over every little thing. I mean it too...every little thing gets her goat. She left the bathroom light on this morning (she's horrible at remembering to turn lights off) and I asked her to go back in and turn it off (she was a couple feet from the door) and that turned into a big ole' huffy screaming fit. She was acting odd this morning too and so I reported it to the case worker. They discontinued her new meds since it only appeared to be making her more hyper and she was going to talk to the psychiatrist to see what he recommended for the odd behaviors this morning.

Baby D has gotten more and more defiant and he's imitating his sister more and more. I don't know if he really has the same disorder she does or he just wants to test what he can get away with, but he smirks over everything and when he doesn't get his way he's been breaking things (he's 2 1/2 years old) and just screaming bloody murder. Oh, and he started smacking me across the face and anyone else who seems to make him mad. I totally don't know where he got that from, but it comes out of nowhere at times...the first time he did it to me I was absolutely stunned....he walked up to me with a smile on his face (I thought he was over his tantrum) and just smacked me right across the face. He got a time out for it and screamed bloody murder at me over and over again as I kept setting him down in time out.

Baby J is really getting more and more into terrible 2s (he turns 2 next month) and I fight with him over and over and over again to curb some behaviors. He was being very naughty earlier and throwing tantrum galore and him and Baby D were both mad at me that I wouldn't let them have Easter eggs at breakfast and so I put them down for a nap. Baby J fought me for 90 minutes on laying down and the whole time Baby D laid there calling out to Baby J with a smirk on his face trying to encourage him not to go to bed. And everytime I walked over to him to tell him to be quiet, he'd lay there and smirk at me. He fought sleep the whole time Baby J was awake so that he could keep at it. Once Baby J went to sleep, I told him that he was asleep and now it was time for him to be quiet and go to sleep too. I walked out of the room and it's not 5 minutes later and I hear him calling to Baby J to wake up. I had to go up there and get him to be quiet and lay down. I stood outside his door for awhile and finally he just laid there and I could see his eyes starting to get groggy and close.

Deidra is getting a little mouth on her too and she thinks she needs to be a little mini-parent and I'm constantly having to tell her that I am the parent and that I can handle it. Baby D has become a parrot too and is constantly repeating everything he hears or scolding the other kids for doing things that they're not supposed to be doing. Little J lies constantly and Baby J has started screaming more often too (think high pitched opera squeel that rattles your eardrums). Yes, I need a huge platter of patience latley...

Lord, give me patience....

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home