Sunday, March 23, 2008

We've decided to try out a new church....

We currently attend St. Joseph's Catholic church (www.stjosephcatholic.org). I really like our little church, but since we started fostering it's been really hard for all of us to attend. I tried taking both the girls with me and all Little J does during church is kick at Deidra and copy her and fight for my attention. It got to the point where all I was doing was battling with the girls and I couldn't even pay attention to what was going on in church. So, then I just started going to the service by myself and then I'd run home and get the girls for Sunday school and then it got to the point where Little J would complain about having to go and how much she hated it. So, then I just started leaving them at home so I could draw the strength that I needed and have the one hour of peace and quiet and concentrate on what He wanted me to do. I'd go and sit with Mom and that was our time together. I really wish that our church had a nursery (they did for awhile) but nobody ever wanted to help out and so they closed it.

I looked into some other Catholic churches in our area and stumbled upon St. John's (http://www.stjohnchurch-ennis.org ). I think we're going to try that church starting next week since they have a whole children's mass and Sunday school and nursery services. As much as I'll miss our little church, I feel God talking to me and telling me that I have a responsibility to get our whole family to church...and so it's time to try something new. My family needs God just as much as I do...it's time for me to get everyone back to church.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

I agree, I think an entire family should attend church together. Having small children in service can sometimes be a hinderence for parents to pay attention, so if they are too young to sit during service, let them learn through an age appropriate setting while the parent receive the Word!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home