Sunday, April 20, 2008

Barack Obama

I will admit that I don't follow the presidential candidates all that closely. I was going to vote for Romney until he dropped out. I'm not really all that impressed with any of the other candidates. My Mom and I were talking last night about how I've heard some people lately saying that they think Obama is the anti-Christ. Mom said her impression wasn't that far off, although she didn't know if she would go that far to say that. Anyway, she said that one of her co-workers was telling her how Obama won't say the Pledge of Allegience or wear a flag pin or have anything to do with our flag. I didn't know that and questioned Andy about it last night (he follows all that closely) and when I found that it was true, I wondered...if you don't believe enough in our country to honor and respect our flag and what it stands for...why are you even running for president in our country?? We have soldiers over in other countries fighting, the soldiers die and they're caskets are covered with our flag...if you don't believe in our flag and what it stands for, what does that say to our soldiers who are over there fighting for OUR freedoms and represent our flag among other things. I don't know, but that really doesn't sit right with me and makes me wonder what this country is really coming to.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home